Marriage/Relationship Compatibility Test INFJ!
The personality type
information discovered from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) can be used, in a manner of speaking as a wonderful compatibility test of sorts.
The Myers-Briggs instrument itself is NOT a compatibility test. It is a personality preference indicator.
The information gleaned from knowledge of your personality type can be used to identify and actually create better love and relationship compatibility so I have used the term "compatibility test" to refer to using the "type" information in this fashion.
Compatibility is critical to relationship success as each of the 16 personality types will bring instinctively preferred behaviors, personality traits, to a marriage and/or family relationship.
If you know ahead of time what those preferred personality traits are you have the knowledge necessary to make a marriage last and flourish; actually, you have the type knowledge to make any relationship grow.
Here is the INFJ way. You will see the many and varied personality traits that INFJs naturally show as they relate to others. If you are an INFJ let this self-knowledge help and guide you in your marriage and family life. If you are in relationship with an INFJ allow the wonder of what you learn here to guide your understanding of and responses to how INFJs behave.
If you’re not sure of your MBTI type take the Myers Briggs test here. Then come back and go to the type page for your type and learn.
Myers-Briggs “Compatibility Test” Results-INFJ Personality Traits
- The INFJ will need support and verbal support from their mate. Criticism is death to the INFJ type.
- The INFJ believes they know well almost everything, have difficulty seeing otherwise.
- The INFJ may not openly show/verbalize the extremely deep feelings they may have.
- INFJs typically enjoy idealized settings, they may revisit a first date venue, first kiss, marriage proposal site, etc…be disappointed if mate does not see the benefit of such activity.
- The INFJ needs relationship. They can be quick to begin one that is not good just to have one, the quickly change when the “real thing” is found.
- At times, the INFJ can probe too deeply in relationship, looking for hidden meaning, not knowing their mate is irritated by such probing.
- The INFJ can be among, perhaps is, the most stubborn of all the types. INFJ is very patient but when time has run out they will write one off forever.
- This type will bond deeply with children, try to be their friend.
- Will have a potentially rich fantasy life.
- Very affectionate at their own time and in their own way.
On the Personality & Marriage section of this site the statement was made to the effect that all relationships will encounter conflict. It is part of being human. How we experience conflict, react to it and move to solve it are instinctive. So we have some power and control in a conflict situation, at least some of the time. The following personality traits are keys to understanding the INFJ approach to conflict in relationships/marriage.
INFJ Conflict Reactions Personality Traits:
- The INFJ may be completely surprised that there is a conflict altogether
- INFJ can become easily depressed when conflict begins
- Will likely be deeply hurt
- INFJ is likely to IGNORE the conflict if it hurts to much
- Will accommodate (give in) to others if INFJ VALUES are NOT compromised
- Eventually may see the conflict as a chance for personal growth
- INFJs will work hard to reach a mutual, harmonious solution
INFJ Conflict Resolution Activity Personality Traits
- Unless stressed, INFJ will be respectful as they work for solution
- Will keep “harmony” in mind at all times
- Unless stressed, the INFJ will not “criticize” during resolution attempts
- Normally patient as all parties speak their minds toward resolution
- INFJ solutions will be insightful
- INFJ will embrace consensus and a win-win attitude
INFJ Likely Positive Solutions Will Be
- May be idealistic and future oriented
- Harmonious to all parties
- Likely very “creative”
- People oriented
- Embracive of compromise, cooperation and communication
INFJ Conflict Resolution Activity-Improvement Opportunities (weaknesses)
- INFJ will probably get their feelings hurt during the process
- Because of the above, INFJ will not get to the point as quickly in conflict
- INFJ may tend to exclude those responsible and talk to others first
- INFJ will naturally ignore details
- INFJ will take it all very personally
- INFJ may be too “indirect” which looks like they are ignoring others
- For harmony sake, the INFJ may move too quickly toward resolution and regret it later
- The INFJ thought can be too complex and not stated concisely enough for others
There are more personality traits you can identify from searching other sections of this site in terms of how INFJ will prefer to recreate, prefer sex, learn and many other personality traits that will impact marriage and family relationships.
If you have taken the Myers Briggs test and are INFJ understand that others are not and that others may need you to give them more of who they are by modifying your “instinctive” behaviors from time to time in favor of their instinctive behaviors. Likewise, from time to time they should modify theirs in favor of yours. The main idea behind knowledge of personality traits that are different is that it is natural and these differences need to be validated, valued and acknowledged. When this happens people simply get along better on many levels and that is priceless.
Interested in looking at another one of the 16 personality types? Go to the Personality & Marriage page or use the navigation bar on the left, pick a type at the bottom of the Personality & Marriage page and enjoy!
If you have any questions concerning the Myers Briggs test and/or the personality traits discussed here please feel free to contact us using the Support Request navigation bar on the left.
Return from Compatibility Test INFJ to Personality and Marriage Page